The American Society for Apheresis (ASFA) recognizes that many of its members have difficulty securing funding to attend an ASFA Annual Meeting. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that 4 travel scholarships for the 2020 Annual Meeting (May 6-9 in Austin) are available for those that meet the criteria listed below.
One of these scholarships is exclusively for a member that passed the Qualification in Apheresis (QIA) exam in 2019. Of the other 3 awards, 2 will be reserved for Allied Health members and 1 will be reserved for a Physician member (with preference given to residents and fellows).
Travel scholarship recipients will receive the following as part of their travel scholarship:
- 4 night’s hotel at the Renaissance Austin (arriving on May 5th and departing on May 9th)*
- ASFA 2020 Annual Meeting Conference Registration, including the Apheresis Review Session
- Lowest available economy airfare, up to a maximum of $750 USD
*The ASFA Head Office will contact the travel scholarship recipients in order to make travel arrangements, and make the hotel reservation on behalf of the travel scholarship recipients.
Applicants must be members of ASFA and meet at least ONE of the following additional criteria:
How to Apply
As part of the application process, the applicant must also submit the following:
- A complete curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of support from a supervisor or instructor
- An essay on the topic, “What I hope to gain by attending the 2020 ASFA Annual Meeting” (150 words maximum)
ASFA Head Office will review applications to ensure that the eligibility requirements are met. Eligible applications will then be reviewed by the ASFA Awards Committee. The ASFA Awards Committee will select four applicants for the travel scholarship, subject to approval of the ASFA Board of Directors.
- Application Deadline: January 10, 2020
- Notification of Outcome: March 2020
- ASFA 2020 Annual Meeting: May 6-9, 2020
Download the Submission Form, which begins on page 3.
Please submit your application via email to ASFA Head Office.