The upcoming annual meeting in Portland will be ASFA's 40th annual meeting. To celebrate this important milestone, we have created several informative and entertaining features and events to celebrate our past achievements as we prepare for the next 40 years. Below is a list of features and events we have created so far for ASFA 2019.
Past Presidents Then & Now
The ASFA Past Presidents Then & Now features several Past Presidents as they reflect on ASFA and the field of apheresis medicine.
2019 Speaker Spotlight
Leading up to the Annual Meeting, we are featuring one of the speakers by providing their biography and when they will be presenting at ASFA 2019 May 14-18 at the Hilton Portland in Portland, OR.
- Peter Marks, MD, PhD
- Margaret Hannan, BS, MSM/OL, CQA(ASQ), QIA
- Don Siegel, PhD, MD
- Lindsay Palomino, BSN, RN, HP(ASCP)
- Richard Edelson, MD
- Edwin A. Burgstaler MT,HP (ASCP)
2019 Activities (Pre-registration Required)
- 40th Annual Meeting Celebration - ASFA is pleased to host a 40th Annual Meeting Celebration on Friday, May 17th, 2019 honoring 40 years of apheresis education. We invite you to join us for a drink and dessert networking reception to celebrate this 40th Anniversary milestone with your peers and colleagues.
- International Practice Perspectives & Regulatory Variations on CAR-T Cell Therapies - Supported by an Educational Grant from Terumo BCT (primary) and Miltenyi Biotec (supplementary). This program will discuss the topic of international variations in apheresis cell collection approaches, regulatory (JACIE/FACT) approaches and variations for the CAR-T cell production, and the clinical use and (near) future use of the CAR-T cells in Asia and Middle East.
- 5K Fun Run - Get your blood flowing at this year’s 5K Fun Run happening from 6:00AM to 7:00AM on Friday, May 17th, 2019. Join your colleagues for a waterfront run along the Willamette River. Proceeds will go towards the Hemophilia Foundation of Oregon, a non-profit organization that serves those affected by bleeding disorders.
- 2019 Tour - Oregon Health & Science University - The Organizing Committee of ASFA 2019 Annual Meeting is pleased to offer a tour of the Oregon Health & Science University Apheresis Unit and aerial tram. Only open to registered delegates of the ASFA 2019 Annual Meeting. Advanced registration is required and limited to 20 delegates. The tour takes place Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 2:00PM – 4:00PM