The American Society for Apheresis (ASFA) recognizes that many of its members have difficulty securing funding to attend an ASFA Annual Meeting. As such, ASFA is pleased to announce an application process for travel scholarships to attend the ASFA 2018 Annual Meeting, April 25-28 at the Hilton Chicago.
Travel scholarship recipients will receive the following as part of their travel scholarship:
- 4 nights hotel at the Hilton Chicago (arriving on April 24th and departing on April 28th)
- ASFA 2018 Annual Meeting Conference Registration, including the Apheresis Review Session
- Lowest available economy airfare, up to a maximum of $750 USD
ASFA Head Office will contact the travel scholarship recipients in order to make travel arrangements, and make the hotel reservation on behalf of the travel scholarship recipients.
Application Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must be members of ASFA in order to be eligible. In addition, there are four pathways to be eligible for a travel scholarship to the 2018 ASFA Annual Meeting. The applicant must satisfy at least one of the following pathways:
The applicant must also submit the following:
- A complete curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of support from a supervisor or instructor
- An essay on the topic, “What I hope to gain by attending the 2018 ASFA Annual Meeting” (150 words maximum)
*Please see Page 5 for the supporting documentation required for each pathway.
This opportunity is intended to support those whom would be otherwise unable to attend the Annual Meeting but demonstrate a commitment and passion for advancing apheresis practice, as well as the overall mission and vision of ASFA.
ASFA Head Office will review applications to ensure that the eligibility requirements are met. Eligible applications will then be reviewed by an Ad Hoc Committee consisting of representatives of the ASFA Membership Committee and the ASFA Awards Committee. This Ad Hoc Committee will select three applicants for the travel scholarship, subject to approval of the ASFA Board of Directors.
A scholarship will be awarded to one Physician applicant and to two Allied Health applicants. For Physician applicants, priority will be given to Residents and Fellows.
- Application Deadline: December 22, 2017
- Notification of Outcome: February 2018
- 2018 ASFA Annual Meeting: April 25-28, 2018
Click here to download the Submission Form, which begins on page 4.
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22, 2017 by 8:00pm Eastern Time.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity please contact ASFA Head Office.